Tape Two Sides Butt Splice Head
Machine models: SP1, SP1DL, & SP1RB
The Butler Tape Two Sides Butt Splice Head has been developed for those operations that require extra strength at the splice joint. This option adds two extra tape vacuum applicator bars behind the splice head which apply a second length of tape to the opposite side of the splice joint.
Functions and Features
- Provides additional strength and security at the splice joint
- Applies second length of tape to the back of the splice joint
- Removable tape vacuum applicator bars for easy application of second strip of tape
- Prep station bracket provided to support second-side tape applicator bars during preparation of tape
- Sensor detects home position of applicator and HMI provides notice if applicator is not in place
- Vacuum to applicator automatically turns on when splice head is open and splice preparation initiated
Before each splice, the operator manually prepares the vacuum applicator bar by removing it from the splice head, resting it on the prep support bracket, applying the second strip of tape, and replacing the bar back into home position.
- Available as factory option; field installation requires engineering review.