Bi-Directional Register Splice
Machine models: SP1, SP1DL, SP1RB, & SP3HSL
This option allows the splice joint to be made at a specific distance from a registration mark (eye mark, etc.). At splice time the machine brings the film to a pre-determined scan speed until a mark is detected. The film is then advanced a pre-programed distance and the splice is made. The splice will be positioned repeatedly within ±3 mm of specified location.
Functions and Features
- Allows continuous operation of the bagger.
- Minimizes discarded bags/pouches due to registration issues.
- Splice at pre-determined position (tolerance ± 3 mm)
- Repeatable splice lengths from 4 to 24 in (100 to 640 mm)
- Fiber optic sensor with one-step calibration process
- Sensor location is adjustable across entire width of film
- Integrated anti-flutter system for optimal film reading
- Remote controls for re-teaching sensor for new films
- Configurable presets for different rolls and marks
- Assembly can be setup looking down or up on film
- Pre-printed register mark on material
- Mark must be at least 0.125 in (3 mm) along the film direction and 0.75 in (19 mm) across the film
- Mark must be placed in a path along the film direction with no other prints of the same color
- Repeatable splice preparation
- Available as factory option or can be field installed by Butler Field Service